I have been making monthly progress goals for myself for about 6 months now. It gives me some direction, but I fail to follow through. To fix this, I am going to blog about it to give me a reason to stay on top of things.
To learn about my current situation check out my about section
Here is a good guide to goals. It is a reddit post in ‘the red pill’ subreddit. I am a fan of their work, and will reference them a lot on this journey. This is what they tell us about setting goals:
Setting goals is an effective method of achieving success in life, whether it be short-term or over the long-term. There are 5 key aspects to creating goals:
- Be specific
- They need to be measurable
- Track your progress
- Are your goals practical?
- Stay on track — keep your eyes on the prize
Without further ado, here are my August goals. Be sure to write your own down.
- No Alcohol: Once I start drinking I can’t stop. It has been a crutch for me when I am depressed. I would drink instead of facing the feelings. I would also use it as liquid courage in social events. This creates false relationships with people. My relationship with alcohol is a long and sad one, involving so many stupid choices. I grew up with an alcoholic person. That should have scared me away, but it didn’t. Instead I was weak and feel for the same trap. No more. It ends now. No more dependence. I will talk more about this in a future article.
- No Porn/No Fap: If you think you have a problem with porn of fapping (jerking off) then I suggest you check out the nofap subreddit. Its a supportive group of men who realized that porn isn’t just some harmless act. It causes many problems in life. It makes you a sedative, uncaring chump. Males crave sex. That’s why we work, stay in shape, take showers, etc… So when you artificially satisfy that need, you do not have the motivation to stay productive. This is another habit that has gotten out of control in my life. Ends today.
- No TV/Netflix: It is easy to blow 2-3 hours a day watching TV and Netflix. There is no reward for the time invested, and for that simple reason it needs to go.
- Brush My Teeth and Wash My Face: It sounds obvious, but I always let this slip. A clean smile and face is extremely important for confidence which affects interactions with women and friends. Next time you don’t want to wash your face before bed, think about running into a beautiful woman the next day with a giant pimple on your forehead. I am also going to stop drinking coffee (I am a coffee addict) due to the staining and use a teeth whitener. I let you know if it works. A white smile is an easy way to boost your confidence points.
- Keep My House and Car in Order: I always put cleaning off until tomorrow, and my room looks like a little kids. I’m a slob. Stuff everywhere. Do you think your CEO’s room is a mess? Do you want to bring girls back to a messy room? No. So act like a pro, keep your stuff organized.
There is a lot more I wanted to write. Get laid, make $$$, approach 100 girls, yada yada yada. But I am going to keep it simple, and execute on those 5 keys. That is 5 new acts I have to stick with every day, and that is hard to do.